TS-253A/453A/653A/853A may experience high speed fan rotation in certain temperature condition.
To solve this issue, please follow below information to apply the Qfix to your NAS.
Applicable NAS Models
TS-253A, TS-453A, TS-653A, TS-853A with QTS 4.2.1 Build 1226 and prior versions
- Download the hotfix and decompress the ZIP file.
- Launch a web browser on your PC and login to the QTS web management page with an administrator's account.
- Open the Control Panel and navigate to System Settings > Firmware Update.
- Click the Firmware Update tab, and then click the Browse button. Select the hotfix file (TS-X53A_EC_15.qfix) from your computer and click the Update System button to begin the update process.
- After updating, shut down the NAS.
- Once the NAS is powered off, unplug the power cable and wait for 10 seconds before reconnecting it.
- Power on the NAS to complete the update process.