For ARM-based and x39 NAS models
Please follow EXACTLY the steps below. These steps can help you fix the NAS firmware.
Do NOT skip or change any steps otherwise that might damage your data.
1. Please power off the NAS, remove all disks, then power on nas WITHOUT disks
Download Qfinder and install on your PC: http://download.qnap.com/Storage/Utility/QNAPQfinderProWindows-18.104.22.1683.exe
When you run Qfinder, can you see the NAS in Qfinder?
2. If you can NOT see the NAS in Qfinder, please follow below guide to proceed with firmware recovery:
(if you can't recover it, please contact the dealer where you purchased this NAS for repair)
3. If you can see the NAS in Qfinder, please proceed to step 4
4. After a short beep and a long beep, plug the disks back to the NAS one by one in the original order.
Push in next disk when the previous HDD led flashes solid green. (Not Blinking)
5. Run QNAP Finder, it will find the NAS
Note: Do not re-initialize when the QNAP Finder prompt a message, if you have some useful data in the disk
6. Connect the NAS by SSH port 22, login as admin password: admin
(Putty Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AlSM9UjLpY)
download here http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/putty.exe
(you can right click you mouse to paste commands in putty)
7. Run the commands below
# config_util 1
# storage_boot_init 1 (wait 30sec and press enter go next line)
# cp /etc/default_config/uLinux.conf /mnt/HDA_ROOT/.config/
# rm -r /etc/config
# ln -sf /mnt/HDA_ROOT/.config /etc/config
# setcfg -f /etc/config/uLinux.conf Misc configured TRUE
# ln -sf /mnt/HDA_ROOT/update /mnt/update
8. Download latest firmware and unzip it
When you run Qfinder you should see the NAS in Qfinder (you need to login with your original admin password)
Use Qfinder to update your NAS firmware (Tools -> Firmware Update)
9. After update finished and rebooted, you should see the NAS in Qfinder and QTS Web Admin login page in your browser. Then you can re-update to latest firmware version again.
Note: if you don't see share folders and data, it may simply be the share folder mappings need to be recreated.
You can do this by creating a new share folder with the same name as your original shares, or use the "select path manually" option when creating share folder to see all available folders.